Sunday, November 10, 2013

The mini IR remote control




In fact, this is not exactly the IR remote I have (see this post) but it has the same overall structure and number of buttons so I suspect that it comes from the same producer as mine and its codes are the same.


Indeed, this was the best photo I could find over the internet and that's the main reason for this picture here. Since I absolutely wanted to use the sensor shield (see this post), I mounted the sensor shield over the Arduino board and wired the IR receiver to the row containing digital pin 3 (right central part of the sensor shield). Following this excellent tutorial from Ladyada website I could decode all the signals sent by the remote control. You can find it on Github here. In a next post I will add some test program, in the meanwhile you can use the one provided by LadyAda tutorial.

Enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment